Sign on bonus - $1000
- Paid for full-time hires who have their CDL and P Endorsement.
- Half paid on the first paycheck.
- Remaining paid after 1 year of satisfactory performance.
- If the employee leaves before 6 months of employment, the employee will pay back an amount based on the number of months worked.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Bus Operators provide services in Manhattan which include Kansas State University, Riley, Geary, parts of Pottawatomie Counties as well as Junction City and Ft. Riley. Bus Operators contribute to the overall agency mission by providing prompt and courteous public transportation service to the general public. Bus Operators must be able to operate all fleet vehicles in accordance to company and KDOT regulations. The CDL – C Bus Operator drives a 20-passenger vehicle; and collects fares/tickets. The Bus Operator complies with the assigned schedule, provides prompt, courteous, professional customer service; ensures passenger safety; and complies with applicable agency, city, county, state and federal regulations relating to transporting passengers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect vehicles, and check gas, oil, and water levels prior to departure.
- Conduct pre-trip inspections of the vehicles two times a day, every day of operation.
- Make pick-ups and deliveries as routed by the dispatcher, operating the vehicles in a safe and careful manner with due regard to traffic and the use of the roadway by others.
- Park vehicle in designated loading areas so that riders can board.
- Collect tickets or cash fares and keep in a safe place on Bus Operator’s person or a secure place on the bus and total daily receipts.
- Utilize software through the use of a tablet device in the vehicle.
- Report delays, accidents, or disruptive riders to the dispatcher.
- Deal directly with the public to provide transportation services.
- Advise riders to be seated and orderly while on vehicles.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
- Wear seat belt at all times and instruct riders to wear seat belts.
- Strictly observe all traffic rules and other applicable laws and regulations at all times.
- Maintain the interior as directed by FHATA policy.
- Keep the bus locked at all times when unattended.
- Adhere to KDOT regulations when riders using wheelchairs are boarding or exiting.
See attached for full description and qualifications.